- Campus Security Guard Accidentally Shoots Himself and Tells Police It Was a Black Man in a Hoodie who shot him
- Ex Rikers Prison Guard Gets 30 Years For Kicking Sick Inmate To Death
- New Hampshire Authorities Refuse To Release Information About The Near-Lynching Of An 8-Year Old Boy
- WTF Happened To Kenneka Jenkins, Who Was Found Dead In A Freezer At Chicago Hotel
- Brad Pitt 'offers apology' to Jennifer Aniston twelve years after marriage split
Former Disney star Lee Thompson Young has died at the age of 29, TMZ reports.
The “Famous Jett Jackson” star was found dead by his Los Angeles landlord after his coworkers on the set of TNT’s “Rizzoli & Isles” called the landlord when Young failed to show up for work.
A spokeswoman for the Los Angeles Police Department confirmed Young’s passing with TheWrap. The spokeswoman said officers arrived at Young’s house after 8 a.m. Monday morning and found him dead.
A rep for the actor could not be immediately reached for comment. Contacts at both TNT and Disney were also unavailable for comment.
Young is best known for playing Jett Jackson on the Disney Channel series. He also had roles in “The Guardian,” “Friday Night Lights” the film, “Scrubs,” “Smallville” and “FlashForward.” His most recent role was as Detective Barry Frost in “Rizzoli & Isles.”
The South Carolina native was always happy to be recognized for his work with Disney.
“It’s always a really great feeling when I talk to people who watched Jett Jackson because we were the same age,” he told Entertainment Weekly in 2011. “We were all kids. I was 13 when I started working on that show and that was part of my childhood. And It’s kind of like we have that in common. It means a lot to me when people enjoyed it and when it was a part of their childhood. It’s cool when you see people revert back for a quick second to middle school, and they’re like, ‘Oh, man! I remember…’ It’s really great to me that our work is still with people after ten years.”
His manager confirmed that suicide is the cause of death. Prayers go out to the fam. jW out.