- BET HipHop Awards 2017 Cypher Miami Edition
- If you shopped at WholeFoods you better check your credit card statement
- Love and Hip hop Ex star Benzino ripped off #CrabTrap Investor for $140,000
- Campus Security Guard Accidentally Shoots Himself and Tells Police It Was a Black Man in a Hoodie who shot him
- Ex Rikers Prison Guard Gets 30 Years For Kicking Sick Inmate To Death
Born in Memphis, Tennessee, on July 9, 1992, Rehema McNeil was raised in a soulful and jazzy, R&B culture and that is one of the key dynamics in her growth towards her own womanhood. She related more to the music of that time which had substance and meaning. That was the type of music that reached to her in way that the artificial and flashy music couldn’t.
McNeil developed her own style through poetry and rap by expressing her sentiments on identity, historical events, social injustice, and women’s empowerment. By 2014 McNeil’s performances have already gathered following of strong supporters. She has performed at such events as Martin University’s Art and Soul Homecoming Weekend, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis’ African Student Association Conference, and the Indianapolis War Memorial Anti-Bullying Fashion Show.
On November 7, 2014, Rehema McNeil released her debut rap album, “Davu”, with a release party. “Davu” received esteemed reviews boosting of its message of self-acceptance and personal development being the best policy and that self-awareness is the path to growth. McNeil embarks on her journey as a hip-hop emcee knowing that “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style”, as Maya Angelou so wisely said and lived.
DAVU – Rehema McNeil http://youtu.be/BaPM_b0B6Jk
Rehema McNeil – Davu ft. LexyContra
Rehema McNeil – Ambush ft. Nue Breed