- Campus Security Guard Accidentally Shoots Himself and Tells Police It Was a Black Man in a Hoodie who shot him
- Ex Rikers Prison Guard Gets 30 Years For Kicking Sick Inmate To Death
- New Hampshire Authorities Refuse To Release Information About The Near-Lynching Of An 8-Year Old Boy
- WTF Happened To Kenneka Jenkins, Who Was Found Dead In A Freezer At Chicago Hotel
- Brad Pitt 'offers apology' to Jennifer Aniston twelve years after marriage split
The N.W.A. biopic ‘Straight Outta Compton’ is FINALLY coming to a theater near you. Ice Cube revealed the project’s release date and introduced the film’s newest cast members with a confirmation on his Instagram account.
The gangsta rap pioneer posted a picture of himself, along with Dr. Dre, the movie’s director F. Gary Gray and the three actors.
Cube will be played by his son, O’Shea Jackson, Jr.Well of course he would play his dad the Gene pool is way too strong for that; Marcus Callender will portray Dre and Eazy-E will be played by Jason Mitchell.
Cube also mentioned the movie’s release date, which will be Aug. 15, 2015. The actor-rapper is reportedly also still looking for two more actors to play N.W.A. members MC Ren and DJ Yella.
“Still looking for our MC Ren and DJ Yella. #straightouttacompton coming 8/14/15,” he tweeted.
Cube recently told MTV News that he’s deeply involved in the project, which will be shot in his native hometown of Compton, Calif.
“I’m totally involved, I’m engulfed in it,” he said. “This is our legacy, you can’t play with this, there’s no cutting corners. I’m fully engulfed in that movie, very anal about it. It gotta be right.”
Universal describes ‘Straight Outta Compton’ as a movie about four young guys who “revolutionized” music and pop culture forever the moment they told the world the truth about life in the hood and ignited a cultural war.
I can’t wait til that come out I will certainly be there on opening night.