- Campus Security Guard Accidentally Shoots Himself and Tells Police It Was a Black Man in a Hoodie who shot him
- Ex Rikers Prison Guard Gets 30 Years For Kicking Sick Inmate To Death
- New Hampshire Authorities Refuse To Release Information About The Near-Lynching Of An 8-Year Old Boy
- WTF Happened To Kenneka Jenkins, Who Was Found Dead In A Freezer At Chicago Hotel
- Brad Pitt 'offers apology' to Jennifer Aniston twelve years after marriage split
Miami Heat officials have announced that for the second year in a row The NBA Champions will be celebrating another title with a CRUNKED UP PARADE through the city. The city is talking and excited about this upcoming parade. Vendors selling Heat gear is selling out, Miami Heat fans are buying up all the Championship merchandise. The victory parade starts at 11 a.m. on Monday, June 24, 2013, followed by a ticketed championship rally inside American Airlines Arena for season ticket holders. According to WSVN News the parade will run the same route as last year, the parade will start at Southwest 8th Street and 2nd Avenue, then head east on 8th Street, then north on Brickell Avenue across the bridge, and finally north on Biscayne Boulevard into the American Airlines Arena.
“The Miami Police Department already had its plans and today they are finalizing everything,” Miami Mayor Tomas Regalado said. Miami Police said no backpacks will be allowed during this year celebration for safety measure. According to officials an estimated 500,000 people may attend and fire rescue officials are concerned about parade-goers getting dehydrated. So, Just like last year there will be water stations set up along the parade route, which is great news for us.
There will be a lot of Miami Heat fans calling in sick on Monday to attend this highly anticipated parade. We cant wait. Remember no backpacks and stay hydrated and LETS PARTY YALL!!!!!!!!!
- Trains will run approximately every 5 minutes.
- Patrons are encouraged to use the web-based ‘Train Tracker’ service (http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/traintracker.asp) to see when the next trains will be approaching their station.
- Train arrival information is also available at those Metrorail platforms equipped with LCD displays
- Free parking is available at MDT’s Park and Ride Lots (http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/metrobus-park-ride.asp)
- Parking is also available at various Metrorail stations (http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/metrorail-parking.asp)
- The cost for parking at a Metrorail station is $4 for the entire day.
Due to road closures in the downtown Miami and Brickell areas,
several Metrobus routes will be detoured, including routes 3, 6, 8, 11,
24, 48, 77, 207, 208, C and S.
- Prep Underway For Monday’s Heat Championship Parade (miami.cbslocal.com)
- Parking, Transit Options For Parade Of Champions (miami.cbslocal.com)
- How to Get to the Heat Parade on Monday (nbcmiami.com)
- Take Broward County Transit to #MiamiHeat Celebration and Parade (browardnetonline.com)
- Heat Fans Can’t Wait For Parade Of Champions (miami.cbslocal.com)
- Miami Heat trying to keep it together – Miami Heat – MiamiHerald.com (rapadoo.com)
- Fans Outside the AmericanAirlines Arena (nbcmiami.com)
- Miami Heat Celebrate Championship at Story Nightclub (VIDEO) (slamonline.com)
- The Market Dropped but in Miami Realionaires and Billionaires Won – Thank You Micky Arison (miamiheatflorida.com)
- Miami Heat Championship Parade, Rally Planned for Monday (nbcnewyork.com)