- Campus Security Guard Accidentally Shoots Himself and Tells Police It Was a Black Man in a Hoodie who shot him
- Ex Rikers Prison Guard Gets 30 Years For Kicking Sick Inmate To Death
- New Hampshire Authorities Refuse To Release Information About The Near-Lynching Of An 8-Year Old Boy
- WTF Happened To Kenneka Jenkins, Who Was Found Dead In A Freezer At Chicago Hotel
- Brad Pitt 'offers apology' to Jennifer Aniston twelve years after marriage split
In an interview with detectives, Omar Pettigen described in detail the brutal attack on his mother, which he said he did because “she was killing herself with oxycodone she had become addicted to” from knee problems and hip surgeries.
He told detectives his mother was yelling at him on Sept. 28 and pointing a gun at him while she sat on her bed, so he grabbed a hammer hanging from the wall in the bedroom and knocked the gun out of her hand.
Then, he left the bedroom and came back with a tomahawk that was hanging on a wall and struck her on the head. Next, he said, he took a revolver from the closet and shot her in the back about four times.
Omar Pettigen said he then cut his mother’s chest open.
He told detectives he picked up her heart, then put it back in her body. Then he explained how he masturbated on her body to release some stress.
Afterward, Omar Pettigen said he masturbated because “he needed to be with himself and needed a release after the event,” according to documents.
In interviews with detectives, family members remarked Omar and his mother were not getting along, adding that his behavior had noticeably changed after returning from a trip to Morocco months earlier, according to court documents.
Fremont police Detective Craig Gaches said in the court affidavit that Omar stopped by to see a friend in San Francisco and grab a few beers after the murder. He appeared untroubled by the crime, Gaches said.