- BET HipHop Awards 2017 Cypher Miami Edition
- If you shopped at WholeFoods you better check your credit card statement
- Love and Hip hop Ex star Benzino ripped off #CrabTrap Investor for $140,000
- Campus Security Guard Accidentally Shoots Himself and Tells Police It Was a Black Man in a Hoodie who shot him
- Ex Rikers Prison Guard Gets 30 Years For Kicking Sick Inmate To Death
Ace Hood’s first album since leaving Def Jam Records is also the highest-charting of his career. Trials & Tribulations, Hood’s debut with Cash Money/We The Best/Universal Republic Records scored a Top 5 on the charts, a first for DJ Khaled’s longtime protege. The LP sold over 33,000 first-week copies, also a benchmark feat for the five-plus-year veteran.
One of Atlantic Records’ newest artists, Baton Rouge, Louisiana’s Kevin Gates hit the charts for the first time with Stranger Than Fiction. Available for free stream online, the digital-only release features label-mate Wiz Khalifa, and Three 6 Mafia’s Juicy J.
Also hitting the Top 200 is Strange Music band ¡Mayday!. Another Florida act, ¡Mayday!’s second group effort in as many years, Believers, follows band-member Wrekonize’s own The War Within, which debuted on the Top 200 earlier this month.
#1. Jay-Z – Magna Carta Holy Grail – 129,000 (658,000)
#4. Ace Hood – Trials & Tribulations – 37,000 (37,000)
#7. J. Cole – Born Sinner – 27,000 (506,000)
#12. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – The Heist – 20,000 (932,000)
#15. Wale – The Gifted – 18,000 (255,000)
#18. Kanye West – Yeezus – 16,000 (475,000)
#37. Kevin Gates – Stranger Than Fiction – 8,400 (8,400)
#43. Mac Miller – Watching Movies With The Sound Off – 7,800 (156,000)
#52. Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city – 7,100 (974,000)
#75. ¡Mayday! – Believers – 5,000 (5,100)
* data comes from Nielsen Soundscan, rounded to nearest thousandth for units above 10,000, nearest hundredth for units below 10,000. Each week, HipHopDX presents top albums in Hip Hop/related, and five notables.