- BriannaBrochu, a white student who bragged about harassing her black roommate at the University of Hartford
- BET HipHop Awards 2017 Cypher Miami Edition
- If you shopped at WholeFoods you better check your credit card statement
- Love and Hip hop Ex star Benzino ripped off #CrabTrap Investor for $140,000
- Campus Security Guard Accidentally Shoots Himself and Tells Police It Was a Black Man in a Hoodie who shot him
Danny Brown says Big Sean “ain’t been to the hood in years.”
Detroit, Michigan native Danny Brown is one who takes pride in “The D” but also knows that there are serious financial problems the city is enduring. Big Sean is another emcee who calls Detroit home but the two have had very different upbringings. Detroit is currently filing for bankruptcy and those still living in the city are still continuing to feel the hardships of a large city crumbling.
In a recent interview with The Fader, Brown talked about his hometown and said that Sean portrays Detroit in a much different way than he does.
“You listen to how I talk about Detroit, and you listen to how a rapper like Big Sean talk about Detroit, and it’s like we’re talking about two different cities,” Brown said in the interview. “He went to the best high school in the city, you know, he probably was real spoiled or sheltered, so it’s like two different worlds. He can look at it and talk about guap, and we don’t have any.”
Danny Brown also said that many people that are from or live in Detroit don’t consider him from the area.
“A lot of people in Detroit don’t consider him that either,” Brown mentioned. “They say he from L.A. now. He ain’t been to the hood in years, and I wouldn’t either if I was him, to be honest. It’s not a bad thing. I’m in the hood every day now, so I see the faces, I see the desperation.”
Numerous rappers from Detroit have recently made comment about the city’s heavy financial problems. Obie Trice recently said that he thinks Detroit’s money situation is “going to get worse before it improves.”
Read Danny Brown’s full interview with The Fader here.