- Campus Security Guard Accidentally Shoots Himself and Tells Police It Was a Black Man in a Hoodie who shot him
- Ex Rikers Prison Guard Gets 30 Years For Kicking Sick Inmate To Death
- New Hampshire Authorities Refuse To Release Information About The Near-Lynching Of An 8-Year Old Boy
- WTF Happened To Kenneka Jenkins, Who Was Found Dead In A Freezer At Chicago Hotel
- Brad Pitt 'offers apology' to Jennifer Aniston twelve years after marriage split
Phillip Seymour Hoffman, the Oscar winner died at 46 in Manhattan apartment yesterday due to an overdose of heroin. The uncanny actor of many roles was found with a heroin needle in arm. Throughout his success Seymour struggled with substance abuse and unfortunately lost. New York Daily named him as the greatest actor of his generation.
Seymour acted in very comedic and sometimes dark roles where he channeled the character and was congratulated with an Oscar for “Capote”. New York City Police Department is investigating his death further and is requesting for a video that was taken of Phillip Seymour purchasing heroin.
Roger Ebert wrote that Seymour “uncanny performance” wasn’t so much an imitation as it was a channeling of a man whose peculiarities mask great intelligence and deep wounds.”
Phillip Seymour Hoffman’s death appears to be heroin-related … and law enforcement is looking at a deadly strain of the drug as one of the operating theories … TMZ has learned. Law enforcement sources tell us … they do NOT know specifics about the heroin found in the NYC apartment where Seymour died. There were 10 bags found — 8 of them empty. Authorities have been tracking a strain of heroin that has killed dozens of people on the East Coast — just last month.
The heroin is laced with fentanyl, an extremely potent drug prescribed for terminal cancer patients. The strain is 100 times more powerful than morphine … it sometimes shuts down the respiratory system. The drug — sometimes called “Theraflu,” “Bud Ice” and “24K” — has been linked to 5 deaths on Long Island, 22 deaths in Pennsylvania and 19 on Rhode Island — all in January. Cops do NOT know if this strain caused Hoffman’s death, but they tell us “everything’s in play” until they get results from toxicology.